View Single Post
Old 24-01-2006, 17:04   #8
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nath
Me , I've always screamed that I was against Islamic Governments but you,Amber.....
You make it sound like i support Islamic regimes, when have i ever said that i support Islamic regimes? I am an atheist and a laic, i am against any intrusion of religion in political and public affairs.

My point with the war in Iraq was that the situation *after* the war would be no better than the situation *before* the war, and that's what we see. Iraq went from a military regime to a fundamentalist regime, there will be no more freedom now than there was then, the oppression will be of a different kind, but military or religious, it's still oppression.
The sad thing is that thousands of people have died during the war and continue to die, and for what, just to change the nature of the oppression? All the people who have died because of that insane war have died for nothing, absolutely nothing.
The only winners in the end are fundamentalists, they have gain power in Iraq and the hate between the West and the Arab world has never been stronger, no good has come out of this war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nath
What is your problem with Islamic parties and the fact that Iraqi women could wear the Islamic veil, Amber, ?
Like i said above, i am against parties that are based on religion (the Shia Islamic party) or even ethnicity (the Kurdish party), political parties should be solely about political ideas, not about what religion their members follow or what ethnicity they belong to.

And the Islamic veil is a form of oppression.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]