View Single Post
Old 30-01-2004, 14:12   #21
Участник

Quote:
and those songs you mention - PD, NVNP those are OLD 'hits' .. hits in quotes because... hey werent even hits exactly. PD was released in Bulgaria... ummm... I cant even remember anymore.... whenever it came out in Russia .. people listened to it a while, and not it is FORGOTTEN! why put it on a new alum?!?!
My point wasn't that they should include these songs on their new album; we are discussing the article, remember? I was contradicting what the article said based mainly on other sources than Tatu (such as Mars Lasar's official website, interviews from De Luxe, I.F.K. forum etc.). Whatever, the point I had in mind was: considering that there actually seems to be existing material; Tatu are (and have been for some time) working with studio technicians and musicians etc - this could rather be an indication that they (and/or Ivan) want to release an album they are content with (with everything that entails) instead of having rushed out a substandard album and tried cashing in while Tatu were still moderately mainstream popular around the world. Of course, they might not even be interested in releasing an album at all. Yulia said (which Haku mentioned) on Viva Interaktiv that she thought the album would be inbetween rock and trance, a description which fits if we consider that they are/have been working with De Luxe (trance musicians) and musicians from I.F.K.(indie/metal/rock group).

To quote a line I liked from a recent article on Tatu in gzt.ru with regards to the first episode of the reality show: "In this minichaos lies the source of Tatu's vital energy". Interesting and funny article by the way. http://www.gzt.ru/pop.gzt?rubric=pop...50000000007991

If we are talking about the album, I would also like to see them go into a darker and edgier direction compared to "200 Po Vstrechnoi" - the style between trance and rock sounds great, and melodywise I'd love to see a bit of Russian/Ukrainean folk harmonies (which was prevalent in "200 Po Vstrechnoi" as well). Technically the first version of NVNB (even though I think the second version is more emotionally powerful) is very interesting/inventive, and far more progressive than average pop songs with its industrial dance textures and the digital experimental sound. I'm personally really pleased with both NVNB and Nichya.