View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 22:29   #41
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by the unforgiven
I'm also glad that he's no longer a teacher in university Lyon 3
What a nightmare it would be to have him as a teacher. *gags*

I just watched Sarkozy's speech on his economic platform, he also outlined his European and international policies and wow, i was pretty impressed.

On economics, it was a very detailed speech and i agreed on a lot of his ideas, i don't think he's that far from DSK actually, of course Sarkozy is more liberal, but many core economic ideas are not that different, i can agree with what both of them are saying.

I was pleasantly surprised when he outlined his EU policy, he's closer to federalist ideas than i thought, i especially liked when he said that the EU can not expand indefinitely and must now define its final borders once and for all, i also liked when he mentioned that "variable geometry" should be allowed (meaning that EU states that want to go toward more integration should not be stopped from doing so by those that don't want to, contrary to how it works today). I couldn't agree more on all of that.

He's much more pro-American than i am though, LOL, but as long as he's very pro-European, i can live with that.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]