View Single Post
Old 31-01-2004, 15:51   #59
Участник

hey

Quote:
Randomtatufan said: "OMG, when my roommate met my mother for the first time, my mom hugged her and I saw a total look of discomfort on her face."

ITA about the hugging thing here. I live in Toronto, one of the most unfriendly cities in Canada and North America !!! I find places like Boston, Vancouver, Montreal, Florida, Montana, Seattle, Sydney, Chicago, (especially Maine and New Hamshire) way more friendlier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most people do not hug here. I am making a generalization but I don't see a lot of people hug in subways, in university, in high school, etc. I also come from a family that rarely hugs. They hug by patting each other on the back.

I had a roomate from Mexico in boarding school and she was always like, "Why don't you hug me properly?" It took me 3 months to actually hug somebody properly. That was in grade 9. I feel aquward hugging strangers that I don't know.

People don't touch a lot here. I find people from places like Mexico, Spain, Israel, the netherlands, Jamaica, Iran way more huggy!

Last edited by dollparts3000; 31-01-2004 at 15:57.