View Single Post
Old 26-03-2010, 22:27   #238
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004 View Post
And this particular administration is far more transparent and less corrupt than previous administrations.
That's what I never will deny. Even if the Democrats try as hard as they can, they'll fail miserably. How could they replace a Dick Halliburton (...or whatever his name is...)? And they don't have the heavenly imagination like the Reps to invent the Patriot Act, Guantanamo Detention Camp with exclusion of the Geneva Conventions and the "enhanced interrogation techniques" , the lies of Colin Powell before the UN Security Council etc etc...and not to forget such great philosophers like Rummy (you know - the tamer of known knowns, known unknowns and unknown unknowns) (oh God, how I miss him! )

Back to the catalyst of the corruption debate:
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_polar_bear
Especially in these days that American politics are more corrupted than ever.
I'm quite sure that Aileen wasn't referring here to the Obama administration, more what happened with American politics in the last decade (that is - the last 'days' of Clinton and the whole Bush era) with all it's scandals and finally causing a financial crisis all over the world. There will be much work for Obama to regain trust in Americas economic policy.