View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 22:55   #24
you'll need love

Re: Re: Computer help thread

Quote:
Originally posted by prostrel
This CAN`T BE TRUE!!!
For a while there I was beginning to think I was heading into trouble..

Quote:
Well, my first question: When I open my comp and Explorer, this annoying thko.com page appears always 1st, I can`t change my starting page. I don`t know what things I should remove from my comp to get rid off it. I think I got this "thing" when I went somewhere to dl some musik but can`t remember where it was. So, do you have any suggestions what to do?
Thank you for listing the page being posted.. From their site:
How do I remove Lop.com as my start page?

This depends on what browser you are using:
-If you are using Internet Explorer, click on tools (in the upper portion of your screen), then click Internet options. In the homepage section, type the address you want to use as your homepage, then click "OK". Then click "Ok" and you are done.

-if you are using Netscape Navigator, Using the Netscape Edit menu, go to Preferences. Within Preferences, select the Navigator category. In the Navigator Starts With section, choose Home Page. Type whatever address you want to use as your homepage in the Home Page Location box, and click on OK.

How did Lop.com become my search engine?

This could happen one of several ways.
You could have clicked the 'make start page' link on the main Lop.com webpage.

You could have downloaded and installed one of our many software applications. In the terms and conditions of any of our software products it is clearly stated that we grant you a free license to use the software and by installing the software on your computer you agree to use our search services in your web browser. Any and all changes made to your system are clearly stated in the terms and conditions and are fully uninstallable via the 'Help' then 'uninstall' option on any of our software applications. Additionally a separate uninstall program may be downloaded here

(from: link to site)

Perhaps the uninstaller listed will work? I hope it will. Otherwise perhaps one of the listed programs will do the trick
Ad-aware - freeware

Quote:
edit: What the hell is spyware? Doesn`t sound good...
It't not the best thing in the world for sure..
Take GAIN for exampel.. doesn't do anything to the computer itself. But it follows you while you surf the net and popups up "interesting" "useful" ads all the time, since they are remotely related to the stuff you are looking at.
Have to locate a full description somewhere.. it's not a cool thing for sure
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head