View Single Post
Old 16-02-2009, 19:36   #50
This is our secret place!

Well, there is something I've always been curious about.

In "Ya Tvoya Ne Pervaya", one of the lyrics is pronounced, as far as I can remember, "devochki kak devochki". I read in one translation that this simply means "girls like girls", but in another one, it said, "girls acting like girls". I thought that the former might possibly be the literal translation, and the latter the implied meaning. When I first saw the former translation, though, my first thought was that it meant "girls like girls", as in, girls being emotionally drawn towards other girls. I think the latter implication makes more sense in the context of the song, t.A.T.u's theme at the time, and the lyric in the english version, "girls and girls but you're the one", but with my extremely limited knowledge of the russian language, I cannot know the meaning for sure. Can someone tell me, is "like" an accurate translation of the word pronounced as "kak", and if so, in which sense(s) of the word? I'm sorry if my explanation of my question seemed a bit pedantic and/or unnecessary. That's just the way I am; I have to make sure things are clear.