View Single Post
Old 13-01-2006, 18:32   #20
Участник

Send a message via MSN to zelda05 Send a message via Yahoo to zelda05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber
Well, nuclear weapons are all about creating a "balance of terror", i can destroy you, you can destroy me
I agree!

Quote:
India did not acquire nuclear weapons because of Pakistan
Very well aware of this fact. Pakistan, on the contrary, did acquire nuclear weapon because it felt it was necessary just like any other country and that because India had nuclear capabilities. India and Pakistan relations are not at its best (It never has been). They have many disputes especially the Kashmir issue, which apparently no one in the international community find interesting enough to solve. There is always news about Pakistani's and Indians border guards shooting at each other. Both countries have/are held/ing each others citizens in captivity.

Quote:
India do not see Pakistan as an enemy exactly, after all Pakistanis are just muslim Indians
They are muslim indeed but indians impossible. Yes, Pakistan and India used to be one country before the 1947 independence. However, no Pakistani will call him/herself an Indian. Unless of course, those that they call themselves Indians (instead of Pakistani) have family history that goes to the time in which their families lived on the side, which is now we know called India.

Quote:
China that provided Pakistan with nuclear weapons, precisely to shift the "balance of terror" in their favor.
Every country has its own interest. China provided the necessary chemicals to develop nuclear and Pakistan had the genius scientist.

Quote:
Now in the Middle East it should also be a question of balance, Israel has nuclear weapons and is totally backed by the US, Middle Eastern countries know that Israel and the US can destroy them, but of course they can't destroy Israel or the US.
If Iran had nuclear weapons, it would create some balance between Israel and the rest of the region since each side would know that the other can destroy them.
I am very impressed with you Amber!
.... well informed!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Zelda [ yvfootie7@hotmail.com ]