View Single Post
Old 27-04-2006, 21:34   #21
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl
So madeldoe
I'm just trying to get people to see where madeldoe is coming from.
I understand where she's coming from and I completely supoport her right to stand up for her personal religious beleifs if she felt they were being challenged. With valid arguments though. Not requests to close down the thread, with arguments that some other thread was closed down for identical reasons (which as I said, is not the case).

Quote:
In any case, that's the same reasoning Lux used. So I guess the closure of satirical threads can be determined by how funny and how well comprehensive they are rather than how offensive they may be to some.

I'm no lawyer but uh, that's setting up bad precedence there.
Wait... Lux said what? Did she imply her thread was satirical in any way? I'm sorry but I don't see any satirical or even humorous aspect in her thread. It was just a collection of absurd (mostly factually incorrect, sometimes completely subjective) statements which were presented as fact. No satiric value in that whatsoever, is there?

Quote:
INot that I'm saying it should be locked, but that we shouldn't be deciding what thread needs to be closed based on how many people are offended, or at least turned off, by it. If half of us, or even a quarter of us were as Christian as madeldoe would this thread would be closed too?
I tend to think so.
I don't get it. Why do you think so? There are a bunch of males here and none of them had nothing whatsoever to do with the thread's closing. No one even complained about it. It was closed down mainly cause of it's absurdity and I didn't see any indication from lux stating it should all be percieved as a joke. Not even a subtle one, just said it's her own personal opinion while presenting it as a well-known fact.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.