View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 20:58   #30
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
I don't think it has much to do with that.
Which country has had most troubles with entry negotiations? Is that country by any chance muslim?

Quote:
But we do want a member state that won't undermine the role of the EU don't we?
Kick Brits out then.

Quote:
Albania and Bosnia are also predominately muslim counties but I don't think that issue would arise should they come to a point of becoming full member-states.
Are they at same point in nagotiations as Turkey is? Oh, and when they do I'm sure it woun't be about being msulim. It will be something else. Like not being integrated (Bosnia), supporting miniritios with separatist tendencies in neighbouring countries (Albania). Or something else that would be used to block them. And if that is solved soemthing else willb e found, don't worry.

Quote:
It's not a matter of religion, every individual is free to believe in whatever they want, it's called freedom of religion.
Yes, EU is not pressuring Turkey to become christian. Turkey just isn't welcomed in EU because they are muslims.

Quote:
But they also have to allow that to their fellow individuals. It's rather a matter of democracy, freedom and respect for human rights.
Want to talk about human rights in Hungary? France?

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.