View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 20:51   #100
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Offtop:
Guys how about translating those french setences for us less fortunate non vulgaric latin speaking folks, who're also interested in french politics? Babblefish makes a complete hash of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku View Post
I support the creation of a European federation with a federal government in charge of foreign policy, defense, global commerce, etc, pretty much like the US government, i also support the creation of European public services like a European electricity company, a European mail service, a European rail company, etc, because i don't think the rule of capitalism and competition is a good thing in all areas.
Offtop:
European public services? Yeiks. That reminds me of Soviet style People's Steel factories. I think mail delivery and railroad companies in particular are much too developed in a private sector to enforce a continental reign over it (huge US corporate players in the package delivery service who'd surely file a complaint with the WTO.) I still firmly believe there's nothing wrong with competition since it's been know to lower prices and raise quality of service. Otherwise I agree in principle with the European federation idea, eventhough it'll be extremely hard to maintain in practice. For one thing I can never imagine countries like France or Britain going along with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Last edited by freddie; 09-04-2007 at 21:01.