View Single Post
Old 13-08-2008, 10:57   #139
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
He was the friggin' Ministry of foreign affairs in the Soviet Union!
And what...?
Quote:
He knew exactly what he was doing...
Oh, you could recognize such things?
Quote:
I even watched a documentary on his double agent role..
Imagine, I saw a documentary where they proved that the KGB killed John F. Kennedy and I saw a documentation which made no doubt that the moon landing of Apollo 11 was total fake, completely produced in the studio. Oh yes, I believe everything what TV puts in front of my nose.
Quote:
... in which he was claimed to be a personal friend of Boris Yeltsin...
Boris Yeltsin had many friends, Mikhail Gorbachev for example. Didn't impede him to give Misha the boot.
Quote:
...and they'd have frequent undercover phone conversations regarding reciprocal moves.
Oh yes, I too have regular cell-phone conversations with the voices I constantly am hearing in my ears...

Well, let's summarize - Shevardnadze loosens his country from Russia, rearms Georgia with an every year growing support from the USA, begins to build a pipeline with western money, which is totally against the interests of Russia and at night tells the Russian president all the secrets he heard from his western partners. --->
Ok, I have to go easy on my diaphragm, it already hurts.

Interesting that the USA, with all their CIA agents in Georgia (and Russia), supported Shevardnadze practically until the end, and the EU diplomats had hard work over months to convince them to abondon this guy and cooperate with the opposition. Oh yes, I forgot, Amis are stupid... ...And there goes reason down the river...

Quote:
...while you actually say stuff with enormous conviction; as if they were long proven without-a-shadow-of-a-doubt facts.
My choice is - believe the numerous diplomats who have repeatedly expressed their irritation (like Condi Rice, Steinmaier, Kouchner...) or believe that they all are liars and only USAshvili tells the truth.
Quote:
... so again... why would USA have any motivation whatsoever to get involved in this crap?
Geostrategically it's an absurdity, for stability and integrity of Georgia it makes no sense too. Testing Medvedev is by far not reason enough (considering the negative consequences), but there may be one reason - the American presidental election. The Republicans seem to be distinctly behind, the frictions in Georgia are definitely a support for Mackie's campaign, that's a clear home match against Obama.

Not that I have the firm opinion that Bush really has something to do with this, I'm more inclined that it's Saaki's own game, but we shouldn't exclude any possibility from consideration...