View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 20:31   #110
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Russia doesn't give a shit about Russian citizens living in Ossetia.
Oh, we continue with polemic of lowest level! 90 % of South Ossetia's citizens have a Russian passport. Therefore it's of importance for Russia, what happens to them. From the moment Georgia became independent, the South Ossetians tried to be independent, because they never trusted Tbilisi. There are reasons for this.
Quote:
What I see is an invasion on a soverign country's borders.
A country which has been built by Stalin who gave a shit about it's ethnical composition. Since independency Georgia failed completely to give the religious and ethnic minorities at least a minimum of rights. Austria (that's where I live, by the way) is currently full of those people who had no more place to live in that oh so democratic country.
Quote:
.... that literaly made me physically sick.
I hope you will soon recover (maybe by not watching sensation TV and not reading boulevard papers)!

edit:

Some things for amusement in this case:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhail Saakashvili
I'm in agreement with George W. Bush that it isn't so much about Georgia but that it is in some way an aggression against the United States Of America.
Eeeh, what? That widens the horizon, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the same Mikhail Saakashvili
On the 6th or 7th August I smelled something fishy. I tried to talk with the Russian side but didn't get an answer.
Well, that's funny! He orders the army to set the capital of South Ossetia under fire, with the consequence that about 1500 people died, which caused the interruption of Putin's China visit, who headed directly for North Ossetia, where he could greet already a lot of refugees from South Ossetia, and only then he, Mikhail the Nose, smelled something?

The following is not my quote (from Austrian newspaper Der Standard), but I think it hits the mark quite well:
Quote:
A hint for Saakashvili: in most cases the reason is your rubbish bin. Nobody sets his kitchen on fire if he smells something, but he disposes his rubbish properly.
When it comes to hypocrisy then Mikhail is not less a master than the Russian leaders, whose claim of genocid against the Ossetian people is ridiculous as well, but in our beautiful world it's soooo inconvenient that there are two bad guys. There has to be a good one and a bad one. Amen!

Last edited by Argos; 10-08-2008 at 22:28.