View Single Post
Old 14-05-2007, 09:51   #102
ex off-site official

Jirinovsky allways uses prisoners and homosexual people for election support. I don't see something new in this position. If you consider LDPR as a conservative nationalistic party comparable with Le Pen party - that means you know nothing about Russian political establishment. They are ready to use any image which is actual at current moment. Western people are afraid LDPR after 1993 elections - nationalism was very popular after Eltsin's revolt and national humiliation of Russian people after USSR crashing. So LDPR propaganda was based on nationalism - but after 1993 LDPR changed political position many times.

I can not understand the goal of gay-parade in Moscow. Russian people are rather conservative and after this action gays and lesbians will be more despised than now. On the contrary at present time russian gays are feeling quite good at least in large cities. There are even special stores for gays in centre of Moscow and St.-Petersburg (situated on Nevsky prospect!!!).
At the same time St.-Petersburg government has allowed gay demonstration in city centre. But I am sure that is not interesting for gay leaders without conflict with authorities.
~~~~~~~~~~~
За неоценимый вклад

Last edited by tanrah; 14-05-2007 at 10:08.