View Single Post
Old 25-10-2003, 06:42   #47
My Waking Hour

I guess you're right about Slaughterhouse 5 thegurgi, and I wouldn't contradict you since you're a fan of Vonnegut and it's been such a while I've read that book. But they're futuristic elements in it, and they function as a cautionary tale, like the whole of 1984 does... so I think...

russkayatatu what's happening? soon enough you'll be speaking Greek better than I do

Quote:
spyretto, I've been meaning to start Nikos K.'s Zorba the Greek When I have a little more free time I will. Also I haven't read Foucault's Pendulum but it's another one I've been meaning to.. and Shakespeare, I love Shakespeare, but especially watching the plays or listening to them on cassettes; I don't like reading them so much.
Zorba is just wonderful, very easy to read...and very idealistic

Quote:
I love Shakespeare, but especially watching the plays or listening to them on cassettes; I don't like reading them so much.
Naturally, those plays were written to be performed. But I always have the book next to me while watching, ( not so easy to follow if you're not an English native speaker - but if you do that it's as easy as 1,2,3, )
I'd like to read "the Idiot". I'll probably do one of these days in the distant future I also tried to read something by Evelyn Waugh but didn't finish. I can't even remember what it was - not the one you mentioned.

Haha, now I remember the last book I read "How to succeed in job interviews" LOL

Last edited by spyretto; 25-10-2003 at 06:58.