View Single Post
Old 20-10-2003, 22:11   #44
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Russkayatatu...it's funny because you "beat me too"..hehe...i was just thinking about Zamiatine and "Nous autres"("We" in french)....
"The Idiot", Rilke ..i liked them!....Oscar Wilde is, for me, of course, associated to "DE profundis " and "La ballade de la geфle de Reading"(something like that...written in prison , too)..i don't like his plays, neither but i adore his short novels for children "Le rossignol et la rose" , "Le prince heureux" et "L'anniversaire de l'Infante"("the nightingale and the rose", "the happy prince" and "the birthday of Infante") ...

Don't worry about "Gertrude Stein and the understanding"... nobody understood what she wrote excluded her..Hehe.... for me , she has interest only in the fact that she helped a lot of young painters and writers,as a "patron"(mйcиne in french)....but "A rose is a rose is a rose..."... it is a little boring!....and somebody who writes "I met only 2 geniuses in my life: Me and Picasso.".. that gives me desire for leaving while running... she was pretentious to die...!!!....but the book of her girlfriend is very interesting about artistical life in Paris after the 1rst World War : "The Gertrude Stein's Autobiography" by Alice Toklas..

Spyretto..i don't know "The pidgeon" but i've always heard great things about "Le parfum"("Das parfum") by Patrick Suskind...Henry James is great!

Lux..i agree with you Steinbeck is marvellous...

thegurki...you welcome..

I stopped reading for a long time (just a book or two a year now)..but this thread gives me desire to read again a little more...Thanks Russkayatatu....
And i think.....GOLD (Arthur), FIZDALE (Robert) : "Misia La vie de Misia Sert"(Misia the Misia Sert's Life) is a very interesting book too....she was a "mйcиne"(patron) and she knews a lot of artists and was the friend of Coco Chanel...very good biography....