View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 10:00   #11
Redhaired poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
These days it turned into a shopping-mall extravaganza where people compete in who'll spend more money for the most useless thing in the store.
I agree on that part. And I think it's stupid. I don't care bout spending money on presents, but I don't need Christmas to give people presents.. If I feel like it, I will. I hate those people who are pretending to be very caring and showing that by giving you useless stuff, and that way you know they don't care and don't even know you. I try to give people presents they like, but what they never dreamt of getting, like a ticket for a concert they don't have the money for (girl I have a crush on), a doll for my little brother (he was scared to buy it himself), or a sweater for little anais (parents don't have a lot of money but they loved that sweater).. I don't care bout candles or photoframes or whatever.. Give me something I care about, don't care if it costs next to nothing, because it proves to me that you've thought about me, that you know me, and that you want to make me happy. And if you can't think of something, just give me a hug and send me a sweet text, that's just as good.. It's the thought that matters, not the amount of presents..