View Single Post
Old 15-05-2006, 00:00   #43
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nath
Offtop:
Shut, Patrick ....I knew that but I 've tried to avoid to be too "chauvinistic"
Offtop:
Hehe, well, i like that period of history since at the time Normandy was independant and we were at the peak of our power.

I actually regret the way things evolved later (Normandy and England separating, Normandy becoming part of France and England becoming part of a unified kingdom with the Celtic nations Scotland, Wales and Ireland for some time.
I wish Normandy and England had remained a unified state - Anglo-Normandie - like during the glorious days of William I, King of England and Duke of Normandy.
And today we would speak Anglo-Norman on both sides of the channel, an exquisite fusion of Old English and Old Norman-French.

Quote:
Offtop:
By the way my father is Normand...I don't remember if I told you that Pat...
Offtop:
Yeah, you mentioned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
Offtop:
*amazed at how intelligent haku is*
Seriously, you pretty much know everything that ever happened in the world.
Offtop:
Haha, you make me blush.

Quote:
Ask to Patrick who is very good in English...when he met Olga , he needed some time to adapt himself to speak English...
Yeah, it takes me some time to switch and be comfortable orally (even though i obviously don't have any problem switching in a second in writing), haha. Last year i spent a week in Germany (for business, we communicated in English) and at first it was a bit difficult but after a few hours it comes naturally.
It's also much easier to communicate with other non-natives anyway, with native English speakers you often get the feeling that you're annoying them because your English is not good enough for their standards. But it's probably like that with the native speakers of any other language.
So English is a great language to communicate with non-native English speakers, but not so much with native speakers, LOL.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]