View Single Post
Old 29-01-2007, 02:01   #17
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl View Post
Though I can certainly understand your frustation towards the South and the Mid-West, coolasfcuk and Khartoun2004 (especially gathering from the last two presidential elections and their unfounded resentment to the "liberal elites"), I don't think it helps to disparage everybody in your country that don't reside anywhere near the coast. Especially when you are doing it to the people that vote Democrat. Just because a city isn't San Fransisco, Boston, New York or L.A. doesn't mean it can't be fun, interesting, or even cultured. In fact, anybody can have fun anywhere in the world with the help from cool locals and an imagination. Granted in the Middle-East, it would be more convenient if you were a man. Nonetheless, you don't need the figurative big glowing neon signs that point to "fun."

I had a more exciting time visiting Madison, Wisconsin (freaking Wisconsin, you cannot get more Mid-West than that) than I ever had in an ultra-blue, near-the-coast state like New Jersey. And I won't even mention Pennsylvania.

That being said, New York was awesome and New Yorkers even moreso, I hope you enjoy every bit of it nath and forre.

And Talyubittu, I find it hard to believe that you don't see any racial segregation in any of the places you have been in. Either you just don't notice it when it is there (which I can't really fault you in) or you're in complete denial. Judging from your posts, you seem like the type of person that loves their country too much to recognize any apparent faults it may harbour.
Lol. I know my country is NOT perfect by any means. But I get extra defensive when people go over the edge and say things they don't even know about. Like American politics. And then just for spite they run off saying that places are boring. Boring is an oppinion. I enjoy living in a place that pays above the national income, has top education, excelent health care and medical facilities, it's a clean place and I wouldn't move to the east or the west coast if given the option. America is a place made up of many cities and each of them offers importance. I'm sorry my city is so boring to you and so completely unworthy of being in existance. Perhaps thats why we're in the top 6 in the nation for Emergencey Response from D.C. and many other things. I know the USA is not perfect, but it's not a horrible place to live like some of you make it out to be. I should know - I live here, remember?

And thank you for your post PowerPuff. I'm glad someone dosent think I'm trying to be an arrogant prick for no reason.