View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 19:58   #36
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Quote:
Originally Posted by haku
So yesterday i watched a long interview with Strauss-Kahn on iTele
On a personal level, I think that Strauss-Khan is the best candidate for the Left.
I think that Ségolène Royal could have some good ideas sometimes and that she has a BIG courage , in the French political world: she says what she thinks without be afraid by the taboos.... I mean in France especially you have to practice the "Politically Correct" speech.
So I think she was enough courageous to dare to tell some kinds of things which were hurting in the Left World.
But I think that , if you dig a little more, she isn't enough solid about the economical aspect.

Fabius, I really can't bear him for long time and I don't know why he sounds always "wrong/fake/insincere" to my ears when he speaks.

About Strauss-Khan...even if there are some little things I don't like in him as a person, I think he has very good knowledge about the economical aspect.

~~~
Some little anecdotes:
Around 20 years ago, i was working with a friend who was still as student.
She was a very kind and simple girl .

One of her best friend was the daughter of Strauss-Khan.
So, once, it was just at the opening of Euro Disney, she was invited by her friend (the daughter) to come with the family to Euro Disney.

It was the inauguration of Euro Disney so the company had invited a lot of V.I.P to stay a week-end : the visit of the park + the super hotel.
All was FREE and paid by the company.

I remember how my friend was shocked by Strauss-Khan who was criticizing with a big disgust the Bedroom, saying that there was not enough Fruits there to say Welcome to people when they arrive in their bedroom.
He was criticizing everything: the hotel , the food, the attractions, the people working there...nothing was enough good for him!

Personally, it always makes me smile a lot , people who "fight" for inequalities and live themselves in the most expensive areas of Paris like Little Bourgeois..

We call that here :"The Caviar Left".....

My friend, her, was just so admirizing of all this Luxe, all these marvellous things which where offered to her ...for free....

~~
About Ségolène:
Another of my friends is gymnastic teacher in the schools of Paris.
Once, she was at the swimming pool teaching to kiddies how to swim.
As she is enough energetic, one of her friends, another gymnastic teacher came and told her: "Take it easy with this one because she is the daughter of Ségolène Royal"...
My friend answered "Ségolène or not Ségolène I don't care!"...
So he explained to her that Ségolène wasn't liked at all by the teachers cause she was tolerating absolutely no remark about her kiddies.

And he explained too this little story:
The daughter of Ségolène has to go with her class in an "open-class" during 2 weeks. It means that the full class with the teacher moves to the mountain or to the sea to have some special activities there..

Before to leave, the teachers organized a meeting with all the parents in explaining some important rules. Ségolène was there cause she was a parent + the representing of the pupils parents. At this time, she was Minister of Family I think.

One of the important rules is that a kind of deal is necessary to install with the parents: they can write to their children but they don't have to call them at the phone nor to visit them. Because , it isn't easy for the organization and because , if they do it, it breaks the kind of balance which is tried to be installed by the teachers: babies will cry cause they want to see their mums and so on...

So Ségolène was there and said to the other parents: "Yes! Of course, it's very important to respect this rule for the good rhythm of the child!".

The class went to the "open-class"..and of course, Ségolène was the only one who was calling her daughter each noon and each evening...
As she was a Minister , nobody dared to say anything....

And the must of the must is that...as she was a Minister of Family, Ségolène decided that it would be a good thing for her job to visit an "open-class" to check the conditions of living of the pupils of the French school...
So Our Ségolène ask for a shopper/helicopter and she arrived , guess where?....to the "open-class" where was her daughter....

I understand her feeling of mother but this story always makes me smile cause it shows that "whatever you're from Left or from Right" , there is always a big difference between the words and the acts