View Single Post
Old 28-03-2007, 01:26   #43
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy malchik View Post
I don't really know where you life … but I think it wouldn't be easy for you to "cut" your country.
I live in Normandy, France.

And well, historically you could say that my country was cut in half, France is the Western half of the Frankish Realm. France (Western Francia) and Germany (Eastern Francia) have a historical claim on each other as they are both direct descendants of the Frankish Empire.
After the death of Emperor Louis I (son of Charlemagne and last common Frankish monarch), Western Francia and Eastern Francia have repeatedly tried to recreate a unified Frankish Empire, leading to many French-German conflicts.
Fortunately, after 1200 years of bickering, we've moved on and are now trying to do the same thing peacefully within the EU.

Regardless, i am still the product of a rather large unitary state, which was originally made up of rather different provinces, so it's not always easy for me to understand why it has never been possible for South Slavic people to unite into a unitary state, because in the end, i don't think that there are more differences between the various South Slavic countries than between the various provinces that united to make up France, Italy, or Germany.
I could say the same thing about Scandinavian people that didn't unite even though they are definitely less different than the people who made up France for example.

Anyway, my advice to Serbia would be to let it go and move on within the EU, Greater-This or Greater-That are things of the past, the only greatness will come from a United Europe that can hold its place in the world as one of the superpowers.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]