View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 16:29   #59
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitty2002
No Freddie, some people said or implied "we" as in the people who live in the US, got what we deserved, all we have contributed is pollution, yes? And, this is a common sentiment, not just on here. But I have found on here that many people think they are so righteous. I simply don't know where they get off.

As for you, well, I was disappointed. Maybe you had no intentions behind your words that were towards policy or malicious, and I believe that is probably true, you are a good person. However, you were one of the first to post and helped to set the tone (whether accidental or not) for this thread, and then proceeded not to argue with the hateful things people posted after you. Not your job to jump on people, you are not forum moral police, lol, but it still bothered me that it didn't bother you enough to stand up and say something.
Who said that? I never got an impression replies were about people getting elated, cause this happened. Hence I didn't reply to any of it. Most people only argued that people should get out, sicne they were warned beforehand. And this had nothing to do with nationality or politics. At least I didn't percieve it that way. And I DID reply to that, stating possible reasons why they maybe couldn't get out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitty2002
And, just to argue your thinking, Mitja. On one hand you say that this country is messed up (not your words, I know) and on the other you say that we can take care of ourselves. How does that match? You think we are fucked, but capable? You say we don't know our butt from our face, but we can mobilize and help these people? It's been how many days, and people are being locked in the stadium? People are dying of heat and starvation in this country you think can take care of itself? Maybe you think too much of us while hating (yes a strong word, sorry my vocab is limited at the moment) us? It is funny... don't you think?
I never said any of that. I don't even think I commented on ANYTHING american at least. I simply stated that you have enough resources in Washington to pull through this ALONE. This has got nothing to do with people's mentalities, foreign policies (I gather this is whta other people were criticizing?) or anything else - it's just a cold hard fact you have enough money to pull through it. And that's what you need in a time of crisis like this. Me saying I won't donate money wasn't at all a critique of America. It was a compliment, rather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
Oh-la-la, babies got out of line here.

Okay, guys, we'll close the thread for a few hours. Any objections?
Eh. I'd suggest you leave it opened for a while. Better an angry thread than permanent resentments, I'd say.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Last edited by freddie; 04-09-2005 at 16:55.