View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 01:24   #43
Harrumph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Why do people hate the United States so much?
While I can say I don't hate the States at all, I do look at them with a very cynical eye. You can blame it on my country's president having his head firmly embeded up Bush's ass. Mexico has been under the thumb of USA's leaders since before I was born, while it could be a perfectly self sufficient country were it not just south of the States.

I strongly wish for all the people who lost it all, from white to black people, from rich to poor, from young to old, to recover and be relocated happily to another state. I however, have my own country's constant disasters and need for help to worry about. I don't think anybody from America (or anywhere else) gave a shit that the VERY SAME storm that did this to NO, along with two more tropical storms, have been wrecking total havok on Mexico. There's complete towns gone to hell down here, towns with an equivalent index of poverty and the same amount of indigenous population (as compared to black population) NO had. These people have no National Guard to relocate them, hell, most of them don't even have the means of communication to be warned about an oncoming flood.

You don't hear about them in the news because it's not important to anyone. Figures, people all over the world die of hunger, of disease, of natural disasters, and the States "come over and make it all okay" (MY SKINNY WHITE SLAVIC RUMP, they do). But the States get hit by ONE of these totally unexpected natural disasters, a town is gone, and the rest of the world is a villain for refusing to cooperate. What does it take for people to realize that we don't hate Americans, but what the "great American nation" does to our countries in exchange for help that most of the time rarely gets there anyway?

Sob. Whine. End of story. If you're gonna cooperate, cooperate, if you're not gonna, then don't. People died and people have lost it all, show some sympathy regardless of their goddamn nationality.