View Single Post
Old 24-02-2004, 16:13   #179
tATu - Fan

Re

Quote:
Originally posted by xena225
I wouldn't have a problem at all with tATu as grown-up women - quite the contrary - and let's face it, the schoolgirl image has been a thing of the past for a long long time now. They've matured before our eyes, and had the creative part of the project blossomed and matured in the same way, tAtu would still be on top. I don't think the audience has lost interest at all (they are still winning prestigious awards, they are still generating headlines, so the public interest is definitely still there) - Lena and Yulia have great talent, great personalities, great chemistry, great professionalism - so why shouldn't they continue to be successful artists (as tAtu)? But creative standstill is lethal for any group, and I blame Ivan for that. From all I've read Lena and Yulia wanted to record a new album, to get new material out for the fans and themselves, and Ivan obviously wasn't capable or willing to do this for too long.
That's completely right.

I regret the fact that Ivan obviously doesn't get his act together anymore as he was, just like Yulia said, the one with the ideas in the beginning; without those tATu would have never been succesfull in the West as they were.
But he changed - too much.

By the way I got nothing against Katya but she won't get to the heights tATu was, not in Russia, and surely not in the West - none of the Russians I spoke with knew her and her music is nice Euro-Dance, but not more.