View Single Post
Old 20-05-2004, 22:53   #72
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I don't see why it was useful for the US to have the Taliban around. I thought the Michael-Moore-approved hard-left view was that the US overthrew the Taliban not because of the 9/11 attacks, but in order to put the pipeline through Afghanistan
Because dictators are generally easier to do business with. You cna buy them and are willing to supress any opposition.

Quote:
The factory was believed by the Americans to be a chemical weapons plant.
Wrongly. Not that US will admit that.....

Quote:

It seems that it was actually making aspirin. I've never heard before that it was making anti-malaria medicine. You refer to a 'coincidence'. You think that Bill Clinton's real motivation was that he wanted to keep medicine from Africa?
No, Clinton wasn't trying to keep medicine out of Africa. I said it was only African factory making that drug. I guess bombing competion is as good way to get larger market share as any.

What I find very unusual is that Us retaliates for attacks on it's embassies with strikes agaisnt terrorists camps and alledged chemical plant on entirelly different continent and totally unconected. Coincidence?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.