View Single Post
Old 24-04-2007, 16:10   #58
The Dream is Over, :~(

I still think you haven't read some of these posts, which are posted on the same page, that discusses slavery in general. There you will find that I haven't said that all forms of slavery were linked to the racism of today, just specifically the African Slave Trade. Post number 49 and 50 or you can just read the discussion from the beginning which starts on this page, it isn't that far behind. A lot of you said has already been explored.

Quote:
"You are a fucking nigger" - This would be a case of racism. Nowhere have I forced someone to perform a task of laborious work. Or any work at all for that matter.
Nowhere have I ever said that racism=slavery. If you read earlier posts (or at least read them thoroughly) you would find that I have said that racism is a legacy of the African Slave Trade. So think of it this way; why on earth would a black person even be offended by the word "nigger." Nigger is a word that harks back to slavery and operates as a way to dehumanize black people as back to the time of slavery. The word nigger didn't exist before slavery because racism didn't exist before the African Slave Trade.

Quote:
And continuing on what freddie said about the Jews in Egypt. I'd like to point out that being Jewish, and the philosphy of Judaism - are not a races. Thus providing even more reason as to why racism and slavery are different.
Precisely my point, racism was not used at that of time slavery. Thank you!

Quote:
When I said "there was no slavery in the North, I was implying that it wasn't HARSH slavery.
Slavery is slavery. Trying to compare which is better is like comparing the treatment of Jews between Auschwitz and Dachau. Blacks didn't work in the fields as often as blacks did in the South doesn't mean they were treated any less harsh.

Quote:
I belive I gave a sufficient explination as to why they portray a "bad image" of themselves. Not all do, but you understand what I mean.
You are talking about stereotypes that are created by white people. I'm not saying that blacks and every single non-white groups are complete angels but why the hell are we supposed make a "good image" for ourselves. Why can't we just base our opinions on the impressions an individual makes, not a race. White people are often perpetrators of serious sexual offences, especially with children in my city, does that mean that whites in general have given themselves a "bad image" of being perverts?
I hope not.

And it isn't your age but I hope you become a better debater with age.