View Single Post
Old 30-03-2007, 09:35   #51
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Slavery and racism are two different things though. Sure racism was used as an excuse in the case of North American slaves, but stilll it basically has nothing to do with the concept of slavery. I support black people who're protesting when they feel they're being discriminated against, because I know it probably still happens, but I don't support them refering to slavery as a crowd-gathering catch-phrase. Just as I don't support when today's modern Native Americans use the tragedy that happened to their ancestors as a valid political point. Imo today's racism has nothing to do with slavery, because racism is a much broader term. Blacks hate whites, Persians hate Arabs, Arabs hate Whites/Jews, whites hate pretty much everybody... it's the language of intolerance and ignorance. Slavery is just one excuse they used to propagate their agendas. In the same way I'm sure War on Terror will be used as an excuse against people from the Middle East for decades, maybe even centuries to come.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.