View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 19:47   #5
iMod

Well, i am personally opposed to those planned US bases in Europe because they won't be under NATO command but under direct US command, i have no problem with NATO bases in Europe, that's normal, but US bases in Europe are unacceptable to me.

That being said, Russia and China are of course making a big fuss about nothing.
First of all, i have my doubts that this US missile shield actually works, second, this shield can only intercept a few incoming missiles and Russia and China have thousands of them.

Shield or not, Russia and China will still be able to launch several hundred missiles on Europe in a single attack and kill everybody in a couple of hours, good for them and too bad for us i guess.

Russia is threatening to aim nuclear missiles at Europe… Ok, and the difference with now would be? The USSR had hundreds of nuclear missiles aimed at Europe on constant stand-by and ready to launch within minutes, i don't believe that Russia has changed any of that, there are probably fewer missiles (but still enough to annihilate the entire continent) and they're probably not as ready to launch as they used to be, but they're still aimed at Europe.

As for China, its military is working on anti-satellite weapons and attack satellites to launch attacks from space, China is in no place to lecture anybody on increasing military power.

And Russia which seems to have found a new friend with China should watch its back and look at what's happening in Outer Manchuria, the day is not far when there will be more Chinese than Russians in Siberia as China's main weapon remains its demography.
(To avoid detection, infiltrate the enemy with small groups of 1 to 2 million men. Chinese strategy guide)

It's obvious that we are going toward a new arms race, several new powers like China and India are going to want to be as powerful as the US, and the US will want to keep its superiority, this can only lead to escalation.

Not to mention the case of small rogue countries like North Korea which is currently launching test missiles over the Sea of Japan pretty much every week just to get noticed.
Japan *has* noticed and is getting very nervous, to the point that the country is planning to buy a bunch of super hi-tech ultra expensive stealth fighters F-22 Raptors, look at those bad babies.

I just saw that the US is also planning stealth destroyers, i'm just wondering exactly how stealthy those really are.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]