View Single Post
Old 29-11-2003, 23:52   #21
My Waking Hour

Their future is not really that great if they're hoping that the fans will come up with the material for the next album. What an embarassment

Quote:
Rumor has it that Shapovalov got the idea of making this reality show to earn enough money to release Tatu's next album, since he blew all Tatu's savings on his other projects: "7B" and Katya Nechaeva, as well as had a huge fight with Universal about the constant delays of the new album release date.
Well, at least he's trying to do something. I think that effectively, the international career of Tatu is certainly over..now they're trying to earn as much money as possible out of their last grains of popularity.

Although...in Russia things may be different , I have a feeling that Tatu will concentate their careers there. For how long, I don't know, I'm not familiar with how Russian showbusiness works.
That's what I think and I'm not saying so because I don't like Tatu. I'm a fan of the album and the girls. But things are becoming clearer now..that "Nichya" song is a desperate attempt to capture some of their former glory to no avail. Tatu are almost finished internationally and will take a miracle to have another hit. As for Japan, well, their popularity will wear out sooner or later. Without new material there's no future for Tatu. No matter how many stunts Shapovalov pulls.

There was always that possibility...I don't know how they came up with the first album anyway, may have been one brilliant moment that happens once in a lifetime. But Tatu as a musical band - not as a project - is a complete joke. They're virtually non-existent.
Great project, not much left as ideas are running out, I'm afraid.

I can't see how things can kickstart, I really can't. Here, Tatu are treated as part of history, already.

Last edited by spyretto; 30-11-2003 at 00:07.