Thread: nATo
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2004, 12:04   #16
we shout

Thanks for the news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
The gig had a head-title Terror Act and the tickets were printed as plane tickets with the date 11/9.
Quote:
FURY OVER SUICIDE BOMB SINGER Oct 4 2004

Pop shocker from Tatu boss

By Steven Ventura

A GIRL singer dubbed 'the Little Suicide Bomber' has sparked outrage after announcing plans for a UK 'terror concert'. The Russian teenager, known as Nato, sings in Arabic, wears all-covering burqa-style black garb with only her eyes showing and uses al-Qaeda images to promote her show.

Her pop 'svengali' Ivan Shapovalov - who promoted lesbian pop duo Tatu - is planning the UK date next month after being banned in Russia.

Officials there axed his bid to stage a Nato concert in Moscow to coincide with the anniversary of September 11.

Briefs for the gig looked like airline tickets and it was claimed the audience would be artistically 'taken hostage'.

But Muscovites were up in arms over the show following the Beslan school slaughter, a suicide bombing on the Moscow underground train system and the downing of two passenger jets.

Nato - real name Natasha Shevlya-kova - uses flickering images of the Middle East and flashing words including 'al-Qaeda','oil' and 'Iraq' in her video.

Nato's antics earned her the nickname Little Suicide Bomber in Russia.

Now, after being frozen out at home, Shapovalov has vowed to take his prodigy to the UK. But Scotland's spokesman for the Moslem Association of Britain, Osama Saeed, said: 'This type of thing is not at all helpful for good relations within the community.

'We would be speaking out against any idea that this concert should happen in Scotland. It has no place here.

'The person behind this singer is well known for his past projects and this is clearly another example of his willingness to exploit a very serious issue in the name of entertainment.'

Paedophile Shapovalov's last pop prodigies, Tatu, were two teenage girls who wore school uniforms and kissed each other during their performances.

The act was slammed as 'paedophile pop' and watchdogs tried to have their video banned from Top of the Pops.

The duo reached No1 in January 2003 with the single All the Things She Said.

Now Shapovalov claims he is negotiating with two leading British record companies to release Nato's first album.

He said: 'I am neither for nor against terrorism. I am against death.

'If people are scared by a woman wearing a black headscarf, that means they are sick themselves.'

.. Ivan is so cool!
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means