View Single Post
Old 17-02-2004, 03:27   #89
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
who said he did it out of the kindness of his heart?
this was a business venture.

i don't see how they were screaming for attention. they were already madly popular in their native country and wanted to venture across the globe. the west wasn't bored with their antics, they didn't buy into their image from the start. it wasn't really a debate on how good the music is[many people shunned their image], it was about how fake/real they are. the image wasn't appealing and the music got somewhat ignored. although they were pretty popular in europe for awhile due to the trend in techno/pop and dance the career life wasn't a long one. being a pop duo, it wasn't black and white - "are they? aren't they?" it was just an image, and the west as a whole didn't buy it. tatu didn't scream for attention from the beginning, i'd say they were modest in their eagerness approaching the western world. the visits made in the US especially, were not big events, in fact, they were rather cautious.

who knows exactly whether he blew the money or not?
i have not read or seen any facts that would point to that possibility. i am not quick to blame ivan in particular just because he is the only one left, just because the others left, just because the recent events all happened and he is the only one left. in the beginning, it was ivan and that one dude who wanted a duo to sing "yugoslavia" and ivan developed the idea for a duo, not lesbian duo, but just duo. the lesbian image idea came later, and i believe it's ivan because he was there when no one else was. the team of writers/producers came after he had the duo together, didnt they?
i dont see all of the "stunts" as acts for publicity. some things happened due to conflict and unprofessionalism but that's just my opinion. who is to say that every single thing that went wrong was an act to get publicity? say that is the case, whatever publicity they got didn't benefit their image. in fact, all of the "publicity" has worsened their popularity by confusing fans and instilling nothing but negative feelings. it's illogical that everything they do is calculated as some publicity stunt because some of the events didn't even get publicity, they did not benefit their popularity at all i.e. the wembley fiasco, or not singing in japan when they were supposed to.
i can't stress this anymore. the west didn't buy them right away because of the image. there's too much ambiguity to stay interested because in order to reel people in something has to be massively appealing. ambiguity does not equal mass appeal.

i'm beginning to get incoherent so i'll stop here.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Completeā„¢ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]