View Single Post
Old 21-04-2006, 14:41   #83
pie crust

Quote:
And how do you make the photo look that "dusty", I simply love it!
Hmm, there are alot of ways of making them look dusty so to say... I'm not quite sure which technique Kate used, but there are lots of different brushes you can use - if you're familiar with Photoshop then you probably know what I'm talking about. Basically instead of having a round brush to draw with, you have different shapes and what not, there are several brushes that give your pictures a dusty look if you simply use a good color and just click on the picture without dragging the brush around. A good way to find those is simply searching Google for "Grunge brushes" or something similar.

Then there is the possibility that Kate used a filter - or achieved that effect in some other way. As I said, there are different ways of doing it - Photoshop has aaaaalot of different options for what you wanna do with your photo, all I can say is practice practice practice I've been working with Photoshop since I was 12 and I still have lots of things to learn

Also I think the "old photo" feeling can be done by giving the photo a sepia tone - this is either done by filters or layer styles.

But I repeat - lots of different techniques, just play around. You can download a trial (full version but usable only for a month or so) on the official site: http://www.adobe.com just play around!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]