View Single Post
Old 15-05-2011, 23:56   #96
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoff View Post
Do you really think so? They almost spent 10 mil. $ just for 2010 Eurovision entry. And as far as I know, some price around 20 mil. could easily organise the event.
Hard to tell from my side how much they can spend. Last time I checked, Azerbaijan suffered from heavy inflation, so I don't know if the state is willing to take the burden to invest much into the project, although where is oil there is multi-millionaires. Perhaps they will have less problems with the hosting than I assume. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto View Post
As I said there was a time - for a couple of years - where they would allow some live music to go alongside the prerecorded one - then they abandoned it altogether, probably because of the costs. But if wouldn't cost anything for a performer to play a real instrument on stage, when the instrument is already there as a prop...
The costs, that's one of the main things, costs, time and technics. The problem here is, there is need for much more time for rehearsals and soundcheck for more than 40 acts in the worst case, with all the technical issues. They can't even get a good overall sound for the event, if you remember the competition. Some countries would be able to do a decent job, others not. I can understand the fear of the hosts.