View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 18:41   #247
Chun ruk ter!

Endri, what's sad about it though is those high notes kind of became their trademark. NGGU wouldn't be the same without all that screaming Yulia did. The majority of their music was written to suit both their ranges, but while Yulia had the vocal energy, she was losing her range too because of it.

And thanks Flo181!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utada View Post
I really wonder what Lena's true range is? What notes she goes between. I am able to To about F3, but to about Ab7(whistle reigster)(Male soprano here!).
I would say Lena does Mezzo, but to me her voice doesnt sound comfortable in the higher registers
I wonder this too. xD I think Lena is a mezzo. Both Lena and Yulia hit an F3 in FOTW. A voice hits an G5 in the first version of Prostie Dvizghenia, but I can't tell if it's Lena, Yulia, both, or some backup singers. Lena's vocal qualities seem more suiting to the upper range. She has a "head voice" singing type, and doesn't really strain on high notes much, she just sounds tired doing them sometimes. I also think that you can tell someones comfort range by the way they casually talk because it's their natural voice. Lena sounds kind of "sweet" and talks in a loud, high voice so I'd say her comfort range is medium-high; pretty much a mezzo.
I'm confused about Yulia though. I think she might be an alto but I wouldn't say for sure because while she has a bit of a dark tone, she doesn't have that "booming" low feel to her voice people tend to associate altos with. Then again my friends are considered altos in choir and their voices are kind of like Yulia's. Hm.

Mind you all, I am open to accept any corrections on my flaws in this post. I am no music teacher. I am a 16 year old singer wannabe.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I use the same smilies in every post.
Manage your waste with a happy face!
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---
yaa glua taa ter ja bploi meu chan bpai

อย่ากลัวถ้าเธอจะ?? ?ล่อยมือฉันไป