Thread: Gay High School
View Single Post
Old 29-07-2003, 14:12   #9
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
I'm not really sure how I feel about this either. I think in the short-run it is a great idea and will be very benefical to the students who attend. However I still firmly stand behind the believe that the only way to cause change is to make people face the source of their fear and hate through education. Until their has been a change in the way the majority of society views homosexuality I think this school will allow GLBT students to learn in a safe environment.

All Gay high schools aren't a new thing for the US anyways. There are several privately funded high schools around the counrty. This school is just the first one to be funded by the government. Also the students that go to these schools have experianced severe verbal, physical, and emotional harassment/ abuse. Some have been thrown out of their homes and others are HIV positive. My point is that the schools aren't just for any gay student, only those that wouldn't get an education if their weren't schools like the one in NYC.

Also I'm sorry but the right-wing in this counrty can Kiss my very gay ass. OT: has anyone heard about the amendment they're trying to make to the constitution about how marriage should only be between a man and a woman?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes