View Single Post
Old 17-02-2004, 04:17   #92
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
Quote:
Originally posted by haku
That's why Ivan is responsible, he's the one who created the image! The whole concept of the project is based on lies and deception. Ivan just probably saw some Japanese animes and realized that having two real flesh teenage girls showing panties and making out would be a great sell, and it worked very well, beyond his wildest expectations i'm sure. The message of tolerance for same-sex couples was fake, just an unvoluntary side effect of showing two schoolgirls making out, but it was never the main goal of the project. The main goal was simply to sell a band using one of the most common fantasies: cute teenage girls kissing and groping each other.
The problem is, Ivan never planned what he would do when the girls would grow up, the girls are too old now, they don't fit in the uniforms anymore, the actresses refuse to play any longer, the fantasy and the message are dead.
the idea is his, but marketing, publicity, and knowledge of the music industry in general? ivan was not experienced. as i've said before, it was easy at first when popularity was high, just follow the motions of giving what people want. i don't see how almost nonexistent music business experience coupled with his idea of two girls loving each other and carrying a message equals lies and deceit.
i don't agree with you in that ivan was just using that to sell. in russia, people didnt buy that, they never defended themselves as "oh we're lesbians/not lesbians" in their native country. the russians loved the music and found the image amusing.

if that is such a common fantasy, why didn't it sell in the west? it barely sold in the united states, where men are completely obsessed with girl on girl action. i'm sure its similar across the planet except no one uses it blatantly as a marketable image.
i agree with the latter portion - the girls are growing up and ivan didn't really think about the repercussions of when that would occur. the documentary goes along with that, they've got other lives that weren't expected by some and their own ideas of their future. they've shed the school girl uniforms, naivete [perhaps still a little there but they are more learned in the ways of the world], and innocence [perhaps that was more natural than anything].
in that sense, i've lost most of my train of thought and shall resort to silence and bitterness.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Completeā„¢ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]