View Single Post
Old 31-01-2005, 22:47   #8
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
I don't even get the rationale behind it. Why would it be wrong? Then all the Live Aid and Band Aid efforts were wrong as well?! Celebrity gather attention and money. It's what they do. Usually they do it for themselves. Sometimes at least they're doing something for greater 'cause. Even if the reasons behind it are narcissistic. Who cares? At least somepoor people will get something out of the narcissism of the rich. All's well.

So She collected $1 mio for mosquito nets. Great. Now what? Will Sharon stone go personally to nearest store say "I want $1 mio worth of mosquito nets" and then fly to Africa and give them to people in the need? Maybe, but somehow I doubt it.

What will more likelly happen is that she will give money to some organisation. Which will spend it in ways they feel it's best. Chances are that money woun't be spent as well as it woudl be had it been prepared before.

this is why I'm sceptical of such ad hoc actions. They might help but not always. Best way to help is to give money to organisations who know what to do with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.