View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 05:32   #1
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
Thoughts On Graduation

Anyone going to graduate from highschool, college, or graduate school?

If not, any related thoughts or feelings?

I will graduate from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor by the end of April 2005, with a Bachelor's of Arts in Political Science. Then, the real fun will begin. I plan a short vacay, then settle wherever I can find a job. The US job market sucks, even for us smart liberal prestigious Michigan graduates. If not a job, then perhaps an internship or something politics-related in Asia.

The point of this thread: I have a limited view on people's reactions to graduation, as many seniors here are reluctant for fearing to leave the college lifestyle and enter the real world. Others could not be more excited to leave. I have no reaction. Wait. There is too much in my mind to focus on one thing and react coherently. If I try to take it all in, my brain might go on strike for a few days. I am far too busy to devote thoughts on leaving the lifestyle of the last 3.5 years. That is, the college lifestyle.

What lies after college? Will life be restructured? Is there going to be manageable routine? Will there be less financial security? Mom and Dad is not going to be the bank for much longer. Nor do I want them to. Recently, besides tuition, I am financially independent. [No one said it would be this comfortable]. More importantly, is there more freedom?

I want to be independent, moreso than currently. I work 15 hours a week, take 5 upper level classes from the best political science department in the country [United States], and did alot of volunteer work surrounding the past presidential election [for all the good that did, I conclude that voting does not work. If life gets too sweet, I will always have that bitterness to balance the proverbial palate]. Sometimes, there is no time to enjoy even the freezing rainy days. I wonder what life will be when this ends, in 5 1/2 months.

Independence is achieved when one is financially independent. In that regard, I will not be independent until my undergraduate student loans are paid. Before that happens, I just might go to graduate school, to accru another sum of debt. Hoorah for higher education. Hoorah for life. Hoorah for the system.

What will happen after graduate school? Only imagination can see.

So, any thoughts? Anyone in a similar situation? Any comments at all?
All are welcome.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Completeā„¢ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]

Last edited by Lux; 11-12-2004 at 06:16.