View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 23:54   #68
The Dream is Over, :~(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossopp
I really wanted to enjoy 'The L Word', especially after hearing everyone rave about how amazing it was. But I gotta say I hated it. In fact, I actually found it difficult to watch at times. I found the characters cliched, predictable and - dare I say it - stereotypical.
Thanks to 'The L Word' my best (male) friend now thinks that all lesbians are obsessed with dildos and sex toys and artificial insemination. Is this what the lesbian community needs as a mainstream representation of their lives? I think not.
'Queer As Folk' was miles better.
Yeah, I think the writers are trying to make this into a gay Sex in the City. I personally do not mind though, as much as they do talk about sex there really was not much gay sex in the show, at least not compared to the straight sex. That really pissed me off. But then anything coming from any other channel other than HBO translate to something of a lesser quality to me.

All I ask is this for Season two:
-For the love of God, please limit the screen time of Jenny and her poetry, I love Mia Kirshner but enough is enough
-More of Shane
-More of Dana
-More of Tina
-More lesbian sex!!!
-Less of Tim's ass, though it is lovely it isn't what I tuned in for

PS: nataku, please elaborate more on the spoilers... that is of course if nobody else minds.