Thread: Lady GaGa
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2010, 20:12   #205
Martian Eyes

FormKnownAs, Khartoun2004:
I'm not pleased how you communicate with each other. Stay on topic and refrain from stating your 'opinions' about the other's sex, age, maturity etc. FormKnownAs in particular - may I remind you our forum rules. I know them and I will execute them, if necessary. (As a side note: I'm quite nitpicking about respect toward other forum members). Ok, that's it. Thank you for your attention!

On topic now:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu
I can't convince you of something you refuse to believe. If you'd honestly look at the video and try to understand it versus calling it bland, you'd get it.
I guess I owe you an answer. I'm way too long on this rotten planet that I buy everything without checking. The statement alone about 'commentary of American culture' is by far not enough for me. I'll not waste my time to prove whether that remark is a liturgical chanting of Gaga's official forum or your own understanding, but for me it's the most dead-chewed bubble gum, because almost every artistical product contains in some way a comment on culture and society unless it's not exclusively labeled as 'For Idiots Only'.

Don't think because for you it's obvious, that people on the other side of the Big Pond see it as well. For example, I won't assume that you are aware that Johnny Weissmueller in his Tarzan movies regularly comments on Austrian folk music, something pretty obvious for every Austrian like me. So, if you want to convince me of Gaga's hommage for (past) American culture, you ought to be more specific, preferrably with examples. I don't see - I don't buy.