View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 13:17   #9
winter days ...

i think people tend to be quite cliquey in general. most like to stick to their own because its familiar and comfortable.

in cape town, i have noticed that _people_ very much like to stick to their own. sometimes thats a gender thing, sometimes its an orientation thing, sometimes its a culture/community thing. most times though, because we have racial lines so firmly entrenched into our psyche, its a race thing. [and i hate the race card so much. living in london i didnt even think of race at all in the time i was living there. people are just people to me.]

however lets get back to the gay community.

on the whole [in my experience -- big disclaimer], i have found that lesbians tend to hate men. hate is a strong word. we can substitute it for various other choice words/phrases like "dislike, abhor, feel disdain towards, detest etc etc" okay pedantic moment over. i get this strong feeling that a lot of women end up being lesbians due to their dislike of men rather than their love of women. ive certainly seen that happen in cases where women have been in abusive situations with men and decide to turn to women as the softer more protective option. the reality is of course that men and women can both be equally abusive but the logic makes perfect sense to the victim of abuse.

ive often had arguments with other lesbians about my

1. friendships with men
2. relationships with bi women.

on point one, they regard men as the oppressive enemy and im a traitor by having male friends. i view this as complete rubbish. not every man is abusive.

on point two im still a traitor and stupid to boot since bi women will cheat on me with another man. err and a gay woman wouldnt possibly cheat on me with another woman ? right.

ive also noticed a trend within the little pockets of lesbian groups where they will all sleep with each other at some point or another.

will write more later. am babysitting a hyperactive little 14 month old niece. who wants to post to tatysite too [shes trying to grab the keyboard while im holding her and typing ]