View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 10:52   #1
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
Social commentary: queer social events, bars, clubs, etc.

before i start rambling about what the scene is like in the city, the bottom line is that lesbians are clicky, exclusive, and well, highschool.
that was true at university of michigan. that was true in columbus. that is true in the city. the CITY. sigh. one of the hottest nights at a popular bar hosts a good dj and friendly bartenders. many, many girls show up. many of them are decent to attractive. but they come in with their group of friends and they don't talk to anyone else. they sit there in their groups all night and talk, to each other. not many people talk to others outside of their groups. it's more of a people watching event than a meatmarket, because there's not alot, or hardly any, number swapping and "hello, how are you"s.

what the hell.

girls are nonaggressive in general when it comes to meeting new people so how is any of this going to evolve.

however, it is understandable that for such a fledgling culture, it has only reached an early stage in development, which is the teenage, highschool stage. that is, the girl-girl culture is only developing and has not reached the full on meat market age. it's not as social as straight bars or clubs. girls who go to lesbian bars who are queer feel just comfortable enough to go with a few likeminded friends and have a night out. there isn't quite the comfort level yet to hit on whoever they see fit. there is a minority that do but they are just that: a minority. this observation, coupled with how nonaggressive girls are in general (something like..it's in their nature) makes the evening, well, odd at best. certainly not easy.

that is a bit of my commentary for now..

thoughts? rants? confessions of difficulties? general anxiety with the way things are? feel free to spill.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Completeā„¢ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]