View Single Post
Old 14-03-2004, 17:45   #11
Primetime Anchor

[Epilogue] Tatu In Podnebesnaya. Release from 14.03.04. [aka Ep. 14]

t.A.T.u. in Podnebesnaya – Epilogue

We are to watch one of the most delightful episodes of the project: lots of clips from their concerts will help to dive in the atmosphere of grand success and national pride – many love t.A.T.u. just because these young ladies gave many Russians the possibility to experience again this already forgotten feeling …

Vitaly Mansky commented this episode:
“This is the enigma of t.A.T.u. – they are able to put everything upside down. As a result, everything that was supposed to serve as a prologue, a fairy-tale of conquering the world with their first album, finally turned into an epilogue, because there was not a single new word said by anyone. The new album, in the format that was expected, didn’t happen at all, that’s why, here in epilogue, we remind about the joy of the success of our co-citizens on the world stage. They sold SEVEN MILLIONS copies of their discs! They received 15 platinum and 20 gold discs in different countries, including those countries where no Russian artists have been known before.”

A presentation of the compilation Podnebesnaya CD took place on March, 11. One t.A.T.u. track, one Ivan Demyan’s track and 10 tracks of new, absolutely unknown artists appeared on that CD. Those 10 artists are the winners, that will score success and acknowledgement. Thousands of people sent their work to Podnebesnaya during the past months, but only those 10 lucky ones managed to win the attention of the leaders of Neformat. A few personalities were spotted at the presentation: Arthur Gasparyan, Edward Limonov, Vitaly Mansky, Ilya Legostaev and Ivan Denyan … all, except t.A.T.u.

The day after, Vitaly shared with us his experience from his first and the only one visit to Podnebesnaya, not as a director but as a guest:

“I heard this album on a CD and it produced a better impression on me this time, than yesterday when I, a sort of heard it together with another invited guests. This new creation of Neformat has not even a one-hundredth part of the chance to get the same success as the first t.A.T.u. album in the world”.

Well now, it looks like an end. The project came to its final. Is it really so?

Mansky: “ I would finish it with the following phrase: If to speak about the future of the former t.A.T.u. artists, I’d still believe that all thinkable versions are possible – from the fact that in a month they’ll return to the Neformat’s nest, and to the fact that they left for a cloister or Mars, as well as some other producer may take them under his wings. So, they'll sing that first album again. The second album won’t happen anyway. Ever. Thinking of the second album, we don’t speak about some dummy blank disc with a bunch of songs. Instead, we speak about another success! Without Shapovalov, they won’t be able to repeat such a success. It’s pointless for another producer to put something into them … Those t.A.T.u. have grown up now. Of course, a one can think of something new, but where is the point to create something new for “somebody else’s children”.

Extra episodes of Podnebesnaya. Are they possible?

Mansky: “Yes, they are possible. It’s necessary to somehow cross all “t’s” in a way as the life itself will show. That’s why if the girls sue Shapovalov and will try to take the label from him, I think it’s possible that it will be shot on cameras and shown. The project needs some final dot.”

Translation: TatySite.net Team
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive