View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 17:37   #9
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuya View Post
They are people first. Besides I doubt new goverment will be better than them, so is there really a point to dance over this?
Well, actually I had my own, the Austrian government in mind.

I don't know if my informations are true, but I have been told that the president was not invited at this commemoration, only the prime minister and his men. Not really welcome outside Poland, I suppose. So what's all this? A planned big show of him at Katyn?

Another thing - the landing. Mr. Kaczynski had ordered a risky landing in 2008 in Tbilisi, but then the civil pilot refused and landed in Baku. Now it was a military pilot under command of the commander of the armed forces, the president. For civilian air traffic the minimum range of sight for landing is 1000 m, during the ~4 unsuccessful landing attempts of the pilot the sight was between 300 and 700 metres. A civil pilot would have got serious troubles with the flight safety authorities even if the landing were successful.

If the president really has forced the pilot to land then I just have to say that a president, even if he stands above the laws of his country, he's not above the laws of nature and physics. In that sense - natural selection. I grieve for the 95 other, innocent people, who died and their relatives, not for the person who finally was responsible for this brainless decision.