View Single Post
Old 14-05-2011, 18:29   #73
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post

Let's see if there are enough girlies to vote! It doesn't throw me out of my socks, but that's the same with all the others too. However, if the prime minister of the UK told the EBU president that they are willing to host the next competition, then their chances are splendid. Of course I'm sure about an honest and correct voting!

...and I am disappointed by your lack of support for your Greeks!

Girlies? You meant to say housewives, because girlies will be voting for Sweden and Ireland, so no room for Blue I'm afraid.
In any case, this is one point we disagree on, I'm not a girly and I like the song a lot.

Greece? Greece is right up there in the top 10, in fact I usually never like Greece, the only ones I have liked genuinely in the past few years was Kalomoira - don't think of her much as a singer but she's got the rest - and Antique ( Antique, not Paparizou, I'd Die For You which should have won in 2001 but some crappy song from Estonia won instead. )
The Greece leading vocalist is very strong and although the rapper sucks, this is probably the reason they took it to the final, it wouldn't have made if it was just a folk song done in Greek. I've heard those "laika" songs in all their different variations and guises, and this song is only saved by the performance. Plus I don't like mixing two completely different musical styles in a bad way. Cyprus on Thursday tried to do what we call "entechno" and failed miserably in spite of the standout gimmicks. So this type of music doesn't work for ESC, we know it and they know it.

Ireland went from 55 to 5.6 on the odds, so apparently if this is what they like let them have it. I'm going to redo my list due to Bosnia being particularly crappy and Ireland being particularly annoying. So I'm adding Austria instead which is a respectable - albeit trite offering, very well executed though:
So:

1. UK
2. France
3. Estonia
4. Slovenia
5. Italy
6. Azerbaijan
7. Moldova
8. Greece
9. Austria
10. Ireland

Blue and the Olympics, as we say Paparizou and the Olympics. Will it do what it did to Greece, bringing them to the verge of bankruptcy? Only time will tell!
Once the party's over you have to do the cleaning of the mess, you know.

That song resembling music for the morgue from Germany is up there with the favourites, I have a feeling I will be turning off the tv set in disgust halfway through the voting. You gotta be kidding me, if that song makes the top 5. All in all, things are heading for a very bad collision if what the bookies think happens tonight.

They did the first criminal act by keeping Albania and Bulgaria out of the final, they're to complete the murder of the competition tonight