View Single Post
Old 19-02-2005, 09:40   #1
God of All Things Girthy

Send a message via MSN to Shakrin
Love must be a Fairy Tale

hahahahaha i can't belive i'm putting up an another fic when i already have another one going... and it aint even close to the initial incident let alone the climax lol

but i'm just writing this out before i forget and i really dont expect much. and niether should you guys

anyhoo... maybe if this one goes good.. i'll ditch the other one. lol

Prologue

4:00 a.m. Valentines Day.

Highway No. 424.

A lone BMW sped down the road without the headlights or the tailights on.

Inside the silver BMW a woman with a burning cigarette residing inside her mouth and tears streaming down her cheeks nodded to the music iwhout a care in the world. The smoke from the cig filled the entire car, and there was enough smoke inside the confided space to suffocate a small army. But did she care? Hell no.

Her radio was blaring with heavy metal music, vibrating the whole car and the ground beneath her. Her head was throbbing beyond beliefe from the thumping music and the beer binge she had which ended just twenty minutes before.

For most people, after a couple of bottles of beer, whisky and other shit you could possibly comsume which are alcohol for more than five hours, they have the sense (or some good friends) to make you take a cab or whatever. But did she care? Hell no.

The woman took a long drag from her cigarette before throwing it inside her glove compartment and closing it. Fire safety? What fire safety?

She cranked up the music to its maximum and sped up the car. The pinpoint was nearly exceeding the 120km/h mark. She was laughing through swallowed tears, even though no one would find her position amusing. She shook her head to the beat, closing her eyes and paying no attention.

When she did open her eyes again, the rain was splattering her windshield, making her sight blurred. She giggled madly before swerving her car to the wrong lane and exceeded the 130km/h mark. She rolled down her windows, showering herself with the rain. She poked her head out the window and drove through the highway, trying to get the damn car to speed up.

"Woo-hoo!!!"

Then suddenly a MAC truck turned a corner from the opposite side and came right at her car. A late nighter perhaps. But maybe it was the truck driver's doziness that made him not notice the silver BMW. Or maybe it was just because the BMW had no headlights on.

But the woman in the BMW knew the truck was coming. And she was glad for it. The pain she was speeding away from, the pain that neared her heart gnawing at its edge was glad for it. She started laughing louder than before and honked to the truck.

"Is this that Chicken game?! Oh bitch you're ON!!! hahahahahahahaha!!" She yelled more to herself than the truck driver.

Then she pulled her head back into the car and stomped on the accelerater, putting the pedal to the metal.

With one last explosion of a gleam of recklessness and wildness she drove straight to the truck.

The truck driver couldn't have noticed the BMW speeding towards his truck at a better time. He quickly managed to swerve to the other lane, barely missing the silver BMW. He immediately stepped on the brakes and got off his truck. He ran as hard as he could to the corner he just turned, in order to do *something* to save the mad woman.

But it was too late. But not too late for him to witness the crash.

The car flew right off the edge through the metal fence, dropping head first to the ground about 40 meteres down. He heard the crash as he quickly went up to where the car flew off.

"Oh my god... Hey lady, can you hear me?!" He got no answer. He looked down at the scene and the car was motionless save for its wheels, still steadily revolving in its place. He quickly nabbed out his phone and dialed 911.

"The emgercy services, please state your emergency." The truck driver practically yelled to the other end, screaming for an ambulance.

The strecher was pulled out and the limp body was placed upon it. The bloody girl was a mess. A complete wreck. Couples of bones surely broken and likely severe concussion surely made upon. Of course the bleeding was inevitable. But alive. Still breathing and the pulse runing. Her skin still warm.

When she opened her eyes again, she was looking at an unfamiliar ceiling plain white. She could hear faint beeping and steady air pump noises. She let out a breath and tried to move her toes and fingers. She shifted her eyes to see where the hell she was. To her left, she could see a window and the sunligh pouring in, dancing on her covers. To her front it was a boring wall with beigy tint and a painting of an endless field of green grass and occasional flowers.Then to her far side right, a door firmly closed.

Her face was intruded with a breathing mask puffing air into her nose, and her wrist taped and IV's shoved up her veins.

She closed her eyes.

She felt extremely relaxed although tired, and totally clueless.

Then she remembered. The world around her shattered.

"Ms.Volkova? Ahh, you are awake now. It is good to see you lucid." A middle aged man with scruffy chin and dirty blonde hair and brown eyes walked in with the usual white coat. He gently pulled off the breathing mask from her face and helped her sit up.

"My name is Dr. Hagen. You were in an accident sometime three weeks ago. You were put in a coma after an immeidate surgery and intensive care for a week. You suffered more than two broken bones, a severe concussion to the head and a almost unstable internal bleeding. And it also seemed that your heart was in a very weak state."

He quietly pulled a stool to the side of the bed and sat down, rather boyishly.

"Ms.Volkova. Do you remember anything exception of your time in this hospital?" He asked in a soothing voice.

"I... just remember..." Something inside her made her begged her to lie. "No sir. I don't remember."

He smiled tenderly before asking another question. "Do you remember anything about your life?"

"Yes sir, my name is Yulia Volkova. I'm a cop. My parents passed away after a robbery incident. My sister was diagnosed with lukemia and died last year. I have black hair, blue eyes...And that's all I know." She answered stiffly, not knowing how to act.

"Do you remember any of your friends? Where you live? Any relatives? A partner perhaps?" Hagen's forehead creased with worry as he fired off his question. But the only answer his got was a hesistant shake of Yulia's head as in "No".

To be honest, she did remember everything. But she chose not to be aware of it. For anyone's information. She'd forgotten everything. From that point and on... She'll start again.

He sighed and smiled tenderly again. "It's alright Yulia. I won't stress you anymore and get out of your hair. I think I know a way to get the address of your house, so don't worry about going homeless." Yulia smiled at that. Hagen smiled back.

"Well I think you need to rest, so I'm gonna get out of your hair." he said as he dragged the stool to its original spot. He looked back at Yulia again before going out the door. "And Yulia?"

The brunette turned her head to Hagen's direction. "We're plannig you an intensive physio for another week so you can walk again. I hope you dont mind." Yulia nodded and smiled at him.

"Thank you Dr. Hagen."

"Oh I think we're acquainted enough. Call me Kurt."

2 years later...

"A woman? As my superior? Are you shitting me?" The shocked face of Lena made the head of office a little amused. He chuckled, then went back to his game face and chewing his cigar.

"Please watch the language, Katina. It's buisness hours."

"Oh fuck off Jack. No one can hear us." The man called Jack smirked before searching his desk for a file and pulled out the thinnest one. He half threw and half flicked it at the red head, gesturing her to open it.

"I don't see why you're so shocked and upset about having a woman cop to be a superior. I mean you're a woman cop too, aren't you?" He said, more seriousness taking place on his face.

"Go to hell, Jack. You know what happened to the last one who came in as my superior." Lena's face was rigid and her eyes went cold. Jack sighed and stood up, cautiously approaching the red head.

"Lena... The only reason that happened almost to years ago was because he was a jerk and you were just a rookie then. He was trying to teach you with some discplin-"

"By raping me Jack?" She cut him off quietly but coolly. She continued. "And I'm pretty sure you remember what happened a year after that. Last year. And she was no man." Jack sighed and raveled his arm around Lena.

"They were put to justice, didn't they? We kicked their ass... Didn't we? I promise. This time it'll be diffrent. I swear it on my position of Head of the Bureau. Please... Try for me one last time. I know I'm asking much... But for me... Please?" Jack cajoled, hugging the girl tightly.

Lena sighed and they were quiet for a while, Lena thinking.

"Jack... You just thank the lords that you're my best friend."

"I already am."

Lena opened up the file folder and peered at the picture of her new superior slash partner. It was certainly a woman. But very attractive. She had a very short hair, almost black and spiky. And she noticed that the woman had the most bluest and the most dull and icy eyes she's ever seen. She was beautiful.

But Lena thought that she could be more attractive if the brunette had some more... She couldn't find the words.

The information in the file told her that the woman was in a sevre car accident just two years ago. A brow raised from that.

"Interesting." Lena silently murmured but she was quickly distracted from her readings when a new fresh voice intereupted her.

"What's so interesting, you don't even hear your new superior walk in?" Lena snapped the folder closed and whirled around to come face to face with the one and only,

Yulia Volkova, in the flesh.

well? what do you think? hmmmm....
~~~~~~~~~~~
*Yawn*~ ...Is it alright if I hold you through the night...?

Last edited by Shakrin; 19-02-2005 at 11:36.