View Single Post
Old 15-07-2005, 17:50   #58
Uhaku's alter ego

Send a message via MSN to Uhaku
BlueAmy : I understand ur English just fine! Don't worry nothin' baby.
Uh-huh, Lena character could very well be the kind of person u thought she was,
but yes, I loved to throw some possible twists. I guess I wanna see a sexy, bitchy,
gangster this time.

ShowmeLove: Dear, the Irish is that evilleeee, but not untouchable.
Something/someone gotta break her sometimes. That's what makes them human?

Volkster: hostile flirting!!! LMAO!!! It's the old-fashion kind of courting, I presume.

And thanks for commenting!

CHAPTER 23

Dimitri Volkov was taken into custody at a house on Washington St., with 24 hours surveillance.
Visitors were allowed, but he hadn’t expected that today could be one of the happiest days
of his life.

In a white coat, Yulia entered the living room. It was plain but clean, but was so ugly
compared to their mansion at the ranch. There was only a worn couch and a small table in
the middle. The windows were barred with steel.

Tears welling in her eyes, Yulia took off her hat and gripped it in her gloved hands.

“Father...”

Dimitri engulfed his daughter in his strong embrace, his large hands rubbing her back
feverishly. “Are you all right!? Has anyone hurt you!?”

“I’m all right! I’m all right. How are you? Oh, Lord, this place is horrid!” Yulia looked around,
frowning in disbelief.

“It is much better a place than my home in Moscow!” Dimitri laughed.

“Oh, you’ve lost weight, father! Are they treating you right!?” Yulia put her hand over her
father’s belly.

“It wasn’t they but you who had me sleepless for weeks! Now, tell me what happened.”
Dimitri sat her down at the couch, his gaze intently fixed at her.

Yulia looked down. “It’s a long story, father. They only allow me fifteen minutes with you. I’ll
tell you later—”

“Who brought you here?” Dimitri calmly said. He wasn’t about to burst at his daughter when
he was so happy to see her back safe and sound again.

“Mr. Myer is waiting outside.”

Dimitri nodded approvingly.

Yulia smiled. “He is so kind; he offered me to stay with him.”

“Good. Don’t go anywhere at the moment without him until I send you off to—”

“No, father, I will not leave without you!”

“Yuli, I can’t afford to argue with you now. You must go to your mother.”

Yulia only stared back at him, and Dimitri knew that his stubborn daughter would not budge.
Being locked inside this house, he had no power over what Yulia would or would not do. Yulia
was so much like him when he was younger, never cared for his own safety and just blindly
followed his instinct.

Dimitri pulled her up from the couch and gave her a tight hug again. He didn’t want to upset
their first meeting, but he had one thing that needed to be said.

“Stay away from Irish,” he whispered into her ear.

Yulia immediately pulled away, but Dimitri tightened his grip on her arms.

“She is dangerous and will bring danger to you, one way or the other.”

“You don’t know her the way I do,” Yulia said firmly.

“How well is that, Yuli?” Dimitri shook his head, sighing. He sat down, resting his hands on his
knees. He knew too well what was in his daughter’s mind; a father could never be fooled.
Yulia had gone too far this time. And he thought now that she would be safer with an
obedient kid like Roland.

“Have you the slightest idea how she murdered people? Have you really looked into her eyes,
her heart? Do you know what’s inside her head when she pointed a gun at someone?”

“I know she wouldn’t shoot me. She didn’t,” Yulia stated almost proudly. She began to pace
around, restless. “We’re all in this business together. Isn’t she just like us…? Oh, I thought
you liked her, father!”

“Yes, and she liked me so much she’d put me here,” Dimitri said, shrugging his thick shoulders
in a mocking defeat.

Yulia looked away, deep frown on her face.

>>>

Roland was in the backseat with Yulia. They had just finished the visit for the day and were
heading back home. A car was leading them, and another one following, guarding them.

“What’s troubling you?” Roland asked quietly.

“Why are you helping my father when he doesn’t want to help Lena if he gets out?”

“We must offer help to others before expecting them to help us. I believe I can change your
father’s mind to side with us. After what Holden has done to him, I think your father knows
now who is with him now.”

Roland studied Yulia for a moment, and then reached for her gloved hand.

“Don’t worry about your father. He knew this would happen and planned a way out already.
Frederick had something that could put him in jail, and Holden is using it. But he won’t do it
now unless he really wants a full-blown war with us. He’s just threatening us. Your mother
and Alexei are safe. You might want to join them—”

“Do you wish me to go?” Yulia asked softly, looking down.

“No! Please don’t think like that! How could I ever want you to leave? I only said it all for your safety.”

“I’m safe with you, aren’t I? You will protect me?”

At the pleading voice, Roland confidently took her hands. “I will.”

“Thank you, Mr.—”

“Roland. You can call me ‘Roland’ now.”
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!