View Single Post
Old 26-06-2004, 12:43   #281
a kind of fresh madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by piojita
Mossop, I never use these programs because they mess things up, there are free info online if you know what to search for. But, it takes time a lot of time to find the problem and removal instructions to get rid of it, deleting the problem doesn't help because when you reboot they will be back.
Hmmmm, yeah I've noticed.

Quote:
Often you will need to edit the registry to prevent this and it's better if someone with proper knowledge does it for you. So, if you know you have a have a lot of spyware I would recommend to backup/format/install instead. Do you know how to do this?
No. I have no clue how to do this.

Quote:
Make sure to install a good firewall before you connect to the Internet and you have a clean start. Then make sure to avoid new ones
OK. The Spybot Search & Destroy program that I have says I'm now immunised against all the known virus's in it's list. How effective do you reckon that actually is? Cos I don't have a great deal of faith in it.

Also, can someone just clarify to me how dangerous this spyware stuff is cos I'm still not entirely sure what it does? Some of the bugs Spyhunter found said they were "severely" dangerous. What's gonna happen? What are they doing while they're on my machine?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?