View Single Post
Old 24-07-2003, 20:35   #208
Echoes among the Stars

coolasfcuk, ha ha, thank you I thought it was Chalga but I wasn't sure

I was asked a while ago, and maybe it will be interesting for other people: how to say "I masturbate" in Russian? The noun is "masturbacia," and the verb, I see as I look it up, is "masturbirovat'," so it would be: "ya masturbiruiu." My Russian is not good for a lot of vocabulary, but usually I can tell when it's too big a leap and it sounds like it could be wrong: most foreign verbs end in -ovat' in Russian and conjugate -uiu, -uesh', -uet, -uem, -uete, -uiut: for example: tancovat' ("to dance," sounds kind of Germanic to me), and you get "ya tancuiu." Masturbate I wasn't sure about, cause 1) this word has come up only ONCE in my reading/conversations (wait a second, ha HA HA, no, actually twice: in articles about tatu and PD and in an article in Russian Cosmopolitan titled "Muzh ili Dush" (get that??) LoL ), but in any case it's usually "zanimat'sia masturbacii" as far as I remember, and 2) it's a borrowed word, so I was trying to think if it could be an -ovat' type even though you had the noun "masturbacia," which would seemingly make it easy to conjugate "masturbaiu," "masturbaesh'," etc.

See, up until now I never bothered to look it up, and if pressed would say, "ya zanimaius' masturbacii," except that's too many syllables to sing along with PD And I knew there must be another word, I just didn't know it then.

Do foreign words have a common conjugation in other Slavic languages, I wonder? -Ovat' in Russian is pretty widespread.

Last edited by russkayatatu; 24-07-2003 at 22:22.