View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 23:32   #31
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
As some of you may know I'm planning to immigrate to USA or (more than likely) Canada in a matter of a few years. And I agree with the notion that it isn't an easy task to do. First of all you need to make a hell of a lot of money in your native country before you could even think of immigrating, not to mention the immigration laws are ridiculously strict for an average Joe like me.... so really poor and uneducated poor people are counted out by default. I'm not planning to immigrate for economic reasons (Slovenia is doing well enough in that department and I could probably live relatively better in Slovenia in a few years than I will in my adopted country.) My reason is purely cultural: I want to experience some cultural diversity. It's not exactly stimulating to be surrounded with 95% white slavic people all the time (not that there's anything wrong with white slavic people, but I like all people... I need diversity).

A funny story a lady at the immigration office told me a while back, while I was gathering info. She was of course "off the record". She said that when I apply I should have greater chances just because I'm a caucasian European, especially in certain provinces like Alberta or British Columbia. Why? As she explained it those provinces are starting to "swim in yellow", so the goverment approved an incognito program that favours Euro-caucasian immigration. Gotta love immigrational racism, huh? Scary.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.